Sunday, September 21, 2008

Priorities


Had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. After a little over an hour of tossing and turning, I decided to get up and at least put my insomnia to good use by stockpiling another payload of Mark IV disques, seeing as how Friday’s mission at The Eaton Center had depleted my reserves. Dusting off my trusty old multi-CD player—I tend to listen to music mostly via iTunes these days, unless my computer’s doing something memory-intensive like burning a bunch of DVDs—I popped in my Alizée collection (including my newly-acquired copy of Gourmandises), set it on repeat, and set to work.

By the time I realized I was yawning along (phonetically, of course) to Moi…Loita for the fourth time, it was five in the morning, and I had a stack of forty freshly-burned, labeled and packaged disques in front of me.

Oops. Time flies when you’re mindlessly working a one-man assembly line while singing in poorly-enunciated French, as the old saying goes.

Despite not dropping off to sleep until almost five-thirty, I still forced myself to drag my sleepy ass out of bed at ten, lest my sleep-schedule be FUBAR’ed for the work-week ahead. Groggily stumbling out into the living room, I bumped the corner of the coffee table and knocked over the stack of disques. As I stooped over to pick them up, I contemplated the day ahead, and tried to determine how best to spend it. I could either a) be responsible and do the week’s grocery shopping and laundry before vacuuming the living room and attacking the pile of dishes in the sink…

... or b) blow all that off, take my forty disques back down to TEC, and run another Op Drop.

Six hours later, the dishes are still in the sink and the clothes are still in the hamper…but a little over three-dozen disques are now in the hands of some potential Lili-converts, including one lady who looked old enough to be my grandmother, yet seemed pleased as punch to find her disque on a bench as she sat down. Am I now responsible for converting Alizée’s first septagenarian fan in North America? Could be!

All in all, I’d call that a Sunday well-spent, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment