Sunday, August 24, 2008

Success! (Well, kinda...)

"...and boy, are my arms tired! Wocka wocka!"

I just got back home from FanExpo. After three days there, I am possibly more exhausted than I have been in my entire life leading up to this moment. So this is going to be a very short post…for real, this time. I’m happy to report, however, that Op Drop’s mission at Nerd Prom was an unqualified success: despite some difficulties encountered on Sunday, 100 disques were successfully dropped over the course of the weekend.

Go me!!

Of course, what remains to be seen is whether any of these disques manages to successfully convert themselves a Lili-heathen. Sadly, I didn’t receive any responses over the course of the convention, neither here on the blog, nor on any of the other sites that the readme file points to, which was a little disheartening. But then, I didn’t become an Alizée fan overnight, either…it was probably about two weeks after seeing that first ‘sexy fish dance’ video before I made the effort to track down who the pretty French girl in it actually was. All I can do is trust that I’ve planted the seed, and hope that the contents of the disques I’ve dropped will sustain it until it blossoms into full-blown Lili-fandom.

Speaking of the ‘sexy fish dance’ video, I want you to take a look at this outfit:

Wearing this, Alizée would have fit right in at this convention. She may have even been severely overdressed. Booth Babes and cosplaying teenaged cuties alike, I bless you from the bottom of my heart. You gave me the wherewithal to keep going, even when I was at my weariest. (Cosplaying dudes too, actually—not that I swing that way, but there were some seriously wicked-awesome costumes going on at this thing. Next year I am definitely bringing a camera!)

A full report of the experience is to come, probably doled out in multiple parts over the next week, but for now I am going to bed. In lieu, please accept this video summary of LTNY’s successful assault on Times Square last weekend:





P.S. A Message to West Coast Alizée Fans:

Last weekend, Operation LTNY:

  • 300 Cards
  • 40 CDs
  • 15 Posters
  • 3 People
  • 2 Days

This weekend, Operation: Disque Drop:

  • 100 CDs
  • 1 Dude
  • 3 Days

You West Coast folks have some catching up to do.

I’m just sayin’…

2 comments:

  1. Congrads on your efforts, it was a success! Trying to help you get noticed http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=disquedrop&btnG=Google+Search

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man. I truly do appreciate all the effort you've put in to help promote Op Drop and LTNY. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before the sparks ignite.

    ReplyDelete